The challenge

As multiple scientific studies have now back up the advantages in productivity and performance, this business had the intent of providing mindfulness services within the corporate environment.

Despite the founders having experience in this field, it was actually the first time they were launching this as a product to the market. As a result, conveying an elegant look (to build credibility) as well as an “easy to digest” business proposition would be a key approach to interest the user and sell the concept to them.

As the competition was scarce, during the research phase it was actually difficult to see how other companies would display their information and business model. As an independent UX consultant, I like to provide not only a UXUI service but also additional intelligence and value add services whenever possible. As such, I have conducted and presented a study to understand whether their project would be sellable and, if so, what would be the most effective medium as well as the verticles to do it on.

The research

By using some Market Intelligence Media Monitoring tools these were my findings:​

In order to understand what type of social media should be featured on the website (since that can also generate traffic to it), I have shown the stakeholders the channels to where their future service had been mostly spoken on. Twitter seemed to be a must to be added onto the website.​

Since it was a start up these studies can reveal clear indicators to where the potential customer base may be as well as adopting a more effective and targeted strategy should the current on not be as good.​

One of the most important indicators I have researched was the market sentiment. This indicator measures (based on likes, dislikes and metrics alike) how potential consumers feel about Corporate Mindfulness.

Although I never really do this kind of research, in this particularcase it it was of most value as there was virtually no competition

Once I have figured out the best medium to push this product, I thought it would be interesting to also understand which vertical markets would be the most likeable to consume this kind of service.

As a result here are some of the findings based on articles and posts written around this topic.

The process

Based on their requirements, I have started creating some initial user flows. Some of them weren’t used afterwards as the stakeholders decided to go for a “single page website” design style.

Either way, here are some of the initial User, Task and Wire Flows.

After presenting two sitemap models, they have decided to go for the second one: Single page website.As such, the site map was actually quite simple to come up with and similarly a very unusual to sitemap mock up. The low fi wireframes followed straight after.  

Stylistically speaking, I have decided to go for some slanted lines as it seemed quite fashionable in 2019. In terms of the typography, they were chosen by the stakeholders as they already had a preference. Regarding the colours I have made a few recommendations as they can speak emotionally to the user and so the they had to compromise slightly on this to convey the correct impact. As I have also designed their logo, I made sure that its colours and style would match the website’s.

Night mode was added in a few sections to promote a change of scenery as later one when we have tested it with 3 users, that little change seemed to refocus the user on the page.

Iterations worth mentioning

1. Once the website went live, after analysing the data, we have noticed that the “book now” button wasn’t being pressed as often as we have had theorised. At this point we have decided to use to understand the users behaviour. After watching the footage, we have noticed, that they weren’t even reading the text. As the stakeholder insisted in keeping the text in the hero banner, I came up with a solution of adding a background image that speaks emotionally to the user. As per previous UIUX literature I have read, this practice worked specifically for charities and emotionally driven user tasks. By looking at the picture, the user feels what he is supposed to experience after a Mindfulness session and as a result the Book Now button started getting a more regular response.

2. A few tests and iterations were made to improve the overall experience during and after the launch specifically around the product offer. Not only in decreasing the options available but also in the way these were presented and named to the user.


All these projects were made taking into consideration the WCAG 2.0 / W3C AA accessibility standards whenever possible. As such, visual hierarchy, typography, font size, spacing, colour contract and descriptions, ARIA labels, etc, were taken into consideration.


Although still in its infancy and due to the traffic pulled by Twitter, this organisation has now started to see a much greater customer engagement on their website. Since they have launched, they currently have 2 to 3 leads a week on average that they have been following up.  

Please visit the final product: